Today, we will see how to type the Power Of 3 symbol in ms word or excel easily.
We will show how you can insert this ³ symbol in your presentation using various methods such as Power Of 3 symbol alt code, Power Of 3 symbol shortcut keys, etc.
Let’s check them out.
How to Type Power Of 3 Symbol in MS Word/Excel
On a Mac or PC keyboard, press Option + 00B3 to type the Power Of 3 Symbol (³).
Windows users can also use the numeric keypad on their right-hand side to type 0179 and hold down the alt key.
You can also get the ³ sign by typing 00B3 and then pressing Alt + X in Microsoft Word.
In the event you are dissatisfied with this quick solution, keep reading as I will provide detailed instructions on putting this or any other symbol into MS Word or Excel on a Mac or Windows PC.
A number of keys on the keyboard have dual functions, as you may already know.
The second keys on the keyboard have symbols readily available to them.
The insertion of such symbols is as simple as pressing two or more keys simultaneously.
You can, for instance, press Shift + 5 to display the percentage (%) symbol.
On the keyboard, there are additional symbols that are not printed as second keys.
It is hard to type with this. The Power Of 3 sign is one of these symbols.
When you have to use these symbols frequently in your work, typing becomes very difficult for you.
Nevertheless, it is not impossible. Even more so as you read this guide.
Method 1: Using the Power Of 3 Symbol Shortcuts
Option + 00B3 is the Mac shortcut for it.
A number of shortcuts are provided by Windows, but some of them work only in Word.
The ³Sign can be accessed across applications, though there is a Windows shortcut. There is an Alt+0179 shortcut for this.
00B3, Alt X, is the shortcut for Power Of 3 Symbol in Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Word is the only application that supports this type of shortcut.
Power Of 3 symbol word shortcuts
How to use Power Of 3 symbol shortcuts on Mac is outlined below:
- The insertion pointer first needs to be placed where the symbol needs to be placed.
- Hold Option and type 00B3 on the Mac keyboard.
- And release the Option key after typing.
Now you’ll be able to add the Power Of 3 symbol to your Mac.
Following are the instructions for using the symbol shortcut on Windows (for Microsoft Word):
- Ensure that the insertion pointer is positioned correctly.
On your keyboard, type 00B3.
- Press Alt + X after that.
The numbers will be converted to a Power Of 3 symbol at the point where the insertion pointer is placed.
I will demonstrate how to type the ³ symbol on your keyboard using the Power Of 3 Symbol Alt Code in the next section.
Method 2: Using Power Of 3 Symbol Alt Code in Windows
There is a character code for every character in Word.
The Power Of 3 symbol can be inserted using this character code. It is commonly referred to as the Alt code.
Power Of 3 symbol alt code is 0179.
Here are the steps (using the Alt code) to insert the Power Of 3 symbol:
- Insert the insertion pointer at the location where you want the ³symbol.
- Tap and hold the Alt key, then type 0179 onto the numeric keypad.
Once the code has been typed. It will be converted to a Power Of 3 symbol as you release the alt key.
Method 3: Simply Copy Paste the Power Of 3 Symbol
Simply copy and paste the Power Of 3 symbol from the box below to use in your work.
[su_note note_color=”#FFFFE0″ radius=”15″]
When I am unable to easily type, copy and paste is the method I prefer to use to insert symbols in Windows.
The symbol you need to type is just googled, then copied from one of the search results.
It is, however, possible to recopy and paste the symbol as needed as soon as it is in your document.
Copying this symbol (³) and any other symbol in Windows can be done in another way.
This required the use of the Windows Character Map.
By using the character map, you can copy and paste any symbol. Follow these steps:
- Select the Start button and look for the Character map.
- Your search results will display the Character map app. Launch it by clicking on it.
- Expand the window for more advanced options by checking the Advanced View checkbox.
- Type One Power Of 3 into the search box on the Advanced View page.
- You can now view the symbol that you searched for.
- Select it with a double click.
- When you click the Characters to copy box, the symbol will appear.
Selecting and copying multiple symbols simultaneously is possible with this feature.
You will need to click the Copy button once you have selected the symbol to copy. Paste the symbol into Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint where you need it.
Method 4: Using Insert Symbol Dialog Option
Unlike other shortcut methods, this approach is a bit more confusing. However, the process is relatively straightforward.
As soon as you copy and paste the Power Of 3 symbol into your document, you can use it in your work as soon as you need it.
You can use the insert symbol dialog to insert the ³sign in Word. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Choose More Symbols by clicking the Symbol button on the Insert tab.
- A dialog box named Symbol will appear after a few clicks.
- Symbols can be found in the drop-down list at the top right of the Symbols window.
- Click on Latin-1 Supplement to access the Power Of 3 symbol text.
- In this category, you should see the symbol you are trying to insert.
- Click on the Insert button after selecting the symbol.
- The symbol can also be inserted by double-clicking it.
- Click on the Close button.
This is how to insert the Power Of 3 symbol in Word.
This was all about how to type the Power Of 3 symbol in ms word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
If you have any queries then do comment down below. We would love to hear that.
- How to Type Japanese Yen Symbol in Word
- How to Type the Upside Down Question Point
- How to Type a Micrometer Symbol in Word
- How to Type Summation Symbol